ABC 2014 Fourth Quarter Meeting, PLEASE NOTE THE DATE CHANGE!
When: Friday, November 21, 2014, 10am-12pm
Where: Teen Outreach Pregnancy Services
931 E. Southern Ave. , Suite 111
Mesa, AZ 85204
ABC’s Third Quarterly Meeting for 2014
When: Friday, August 8, 2014, 10:00am to 12:00noon
Where: McGee Auditorium, Flagstaff Medical Center, East Campus
1200 N. Beaver St., Flagstaff, AZ 86001
Directions: Take I-17 northbound to Flagstaff
I-17 crosses I-40 and becomes Milton Road. Choose the inside lane on Milton Rd.
Continuing northbound, Milton Rd. also becomes US40 / Historic Rte 66.
US40 / Historic Rte 66 will cross the RR tracks and curve sharply to the right.
Turn left at the 2nd: Entrance will be on your right.
intersection, Beaver Street, and continue north to FMC.
Those who cannot attend in person may participate by phone.
Dial-in Number: (530) 881-1000
Access Code: 906142#
Agenda to follow.read more
Now is the time for you to meet ABC’s new Board and get active in your Arizona Breastfeeding Coalition. Your Board members are: Phyllis Adamson, BA, IBCLC, RLC, President; Emily Covey, MS, RD, CLC, Vice President; Michaela Zach, LCCE, CD(DONA), CLE, CCTE, CCCE, Secretary; and Deborah Gillespie, IBCLC, RLC, Treasurer.
We have no shortage of prospective activities to pursue to improve the health of Arizona’s families. They include:
- Workplace support for the employer, for the employee, and for the client or customer.
- BFHI support for Arizona’s hospitals.
- Professional support to sort out the new requirements of the PPACA.
- Family support with information on breastfeeding resources within the State.
- Identify, recognize, and promote breastfeeding activities all over the State. To that end, we will also seek out people to become Regional Representatives for ABC. Those who choose to be Regional Reps will share ideas and local activities with the rest of the State and have them posted on the website and the Facebook page. Reps will also be encouraged to participate in ABC Board meetings.
The USBC had some exciting news for the state coalitions. We will share that at the meeting.
This is YOUR coalition. So come, participate, and share your own ideas.
President, ABC, 2014-2015read more
ABC’s goal is always to work collaboratively to increase rates of
breastfeeding initiation and duration to improve the health of Arizona’s families.
Watch this space for a description of our specific Goals for this year as determined by our current Membership.
Phyllis Adamson, BA, IBCLC, RLC
Membership is open to individuals and organizations that share the vision of the Coalition. Members must sign a declaration of support for the Coalition’s mission and objectives.
Your membership supports the Arizona Breastfeeding Coalition website and helps connect local coalitions and others in the breastfeeding community through the annual meeting and teleconference, news from the United StatesBreastfeeding Coalition, and other outreach and advocacy. Most important, membership gives you a voice in determining the future direction and focus of the Arizona Breastfeeding Coalition.
• Receive up-to-date news and information related to breastfeeding
internationally, nationally and locally
• Stay informed of important advocacy efforts from the United States
Breastfeeding Committee and the AZ Breastfeeding Coalition
• Voting privileges (One vote per individual member is permitted)
Attend General State Meetings are held four times a year (held in various locations across Arizona). These meetings are open to the public. You may pay your membership at any meeting or pay via the web. Your membership dues are year to year. Membership dues are not prorated. You may join anytime of the year for a yearly cost of $15. At this time we do not allow group or organization memberships. We are currently developing the application for such groups. Please contact ABC secretary for more details. Thank you.
Already a member? Sign in here.
Already a member and want to give a little more support… click the donate button. Any amount would be helping the Coalition meet their goals. Thank YOU!